With higher egg prices in grocery store, the interest in raising backyard chickens has never been higher. The Nickels have been in the backyard bird business for a number of years, and they have some advice for budding bird enthusiasts.
Making macarons is anything but simple. Sisily O’Rourke has done more than master these finicky cookies; she’s discovered creative flavors and colors that bring a little quirkiness to the table. She shares her tasty treats through her booming south Alabama business — The Quirky Mac.
In this Rural Roundup, get the latest agricultural news including:
- An update on planting row crops and hay harvest
- Retirement of Auburn University Equestrian Head Coach Greg Williams
- The Carter family of Montgomery County receiving the 2022 National Environmental Stewardship Award from National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Excellence in Agriculture and Discussion Meet call for contestants
- Call for sponsors and participants in the Alabama Young Farmers Golf Tournament
Plus, we have a new feature — the Alabama Catfish Trail. Learn more about the David’s Catfish House location in Spanish Fort, Alabama.
It might sound like something a bachelor would have invented when he discovered the only ingredients he had at home were canned pineapple, cheese and a sleeve of crackers. But there’s something about this salty and sweet side dish that’s simply irresistible. Watch how quickly and easily this Southern Bite recipe comes together!
For all the Southern Bite recipes featured on Simply Southern, visit southernbite.com/simply-southern-recipes.
Thank you to all of our show sponsors. Simply Southern would not be possible without all of these folks. Please be sure to visit their webpages and follow their social media accounts!